When you’re planning your big day, remember to include your wedding jewelry on the “to do” list. From bridal gifts and unique bridal party jewelry to the bride’s special wedding jewelry, Q Evon Fine Jewelry has just the right look for your special day.
While personal style should take center stage (and we’re not above breaking traditions) there are some tried and true tips to follow that can make sure your gown accessories are memorable and classy, not a wedding train wreck.
Simple Guidelines for Wedding Jewelry Choosing Well:
- Don’t Overdo It! Seriously, less is more and you don’t want to let accessories outshine you! Choose of few key pieces and keep it simple.
- Match Your Metals to Your Dress. If you can’t decide between silver and gold, let the color of your gown guide the choice for your wedding jewelry.
a. The bright white hue looks prettiest with platinum or silver.
b. Creamy ivory gowns are most enhanced by gold.
c. Gold jewelry will also complement the warm tones in a champagne colored gown. Alternately, for an antique inspired look try burnished silver.
d. The pink cast in rose gold will coordinate with the soft pink of a blush colored gown.
- Select Jewelry that Pairs with the Neckline.
a. With a sweetheart or strapless dress, a choker or shorter necklace creates a timeless look. You can also pull your hair up, skip the necklace and wear statement earrings. Since the décolletage is the focal point, you’ll want standout pieces there, but you can still wear a small bracelet or cocktail ring to balance the look.
b. A v-neck is made for décolletage decoration! Consider a choker or statement pendant, or if they are delicate you can layer the two. Pair this with earrings that suit your style.
c. A halter or reverse halter calls for gorgeous earrings and a bracelet or ring.
- Don’t Get Overwhelmed. We know, that’s easier said than done (but we can help). If choosing the jewelry seems overwhelming, focus on your dress first. Then find one piece of jewelry you adore and wear that. Simple pearl or diamond earrings are classic.
- Be Yourself. At the end of the day, this is your wedding and you should wear pieces that reflect your style.
ONE OF A KIND PIECES
Q Evon Fine Jewelry has one of a kind, signature and studio pieces like these limited edition Pearl Drop 18k Vermeil earrings. And, if you can’t find something in our collections to fit your style, we can work with you to design the perfect jewelry for both the bride and her attendants. We usually need 8 weeks to design and fabricate your one-of-a-kind pieces.
Above all, choose jewelry that makes you feel beautiful. After all, it’s your big day!
Drop us a line on Facebook and let us know your best tip for choosing the jewelry for your wedding!