July 30, 2018 2 min read
Coordinating jewelry. What's more frustrating than picking out
the perfect outfit? Trying to pick out the perfect jewelry to go
along with it!
Would you believe women spend an average of 90 minutes a week in their closets simply choosing what to wear? Add to that the time we spend trying to choose the perfect earrings, necklace or bracelet -- or put together an outfit for a special occasion -- and that time goes even higher. Who has time for that!
Coordinating Jewelry 101
Jewelry is the staple of a good ensemble, so making informed decisions can help you coordinate jewelry to the fullest. Let's start with a few simple tips and tricks.
Keep the Occasion in Mind
1. Heading to work? A dangling bracelet may not be the best choice if you spend a lot of time typing on a keyboard.
2. Heading to a club for the evening or a morning workout? Probably not the same jewelry.
3. Consider where you're going and what you'll be doing before you choose your jewelry.
Busy Patterns + Simple Jewelry = Yes
1. Busy patterns need a simple touch -- consider solid bracelets, watches and earrings instead of showy accessories.
2. If clothing has heavily ruffled or stitched fabric, ornate jewelry can come off as gaudy.
Compliment Your Skin Tone
Not sure what skin type you have? This article will help!
1. Silver illuminates most natural skin tones.
2. Gold goes well with matte skin tones and darker hair.
3. White gold is an excellent choice for cooler skin tones.
4. Cooler skin tones go well with red, purple and blue gemstones.
5. Warmer skin tones pair well with yellow, orange and green gemstones, along with yellow metals.
We'll share more tips next time! For now, take the first three steps. You'll be glad you did!
Hasta la bye bye!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 26, 2022 5 min read
May 17, 2022 5 min read
May 04, 2022 6 min read
Be among the first to hear about new designs, special sales and events.
Why? Because we like you!